Thursday, October 20, 2011

self-portraits are hard.

    So now you've seen some of my, well,  achievements. But that was the past week. This week, I started on a self portrait.  Only not just a self-portrait, but a giant blown up version of my face, in cartoon form.  First I drew my face in pencil, looking off a small picture of me. That was very hard because the size was such a leap, so I had to grid both papers and look at a small portion of my face at a time.  It made me realize how symmetric and grid-like my face really is.  Anyway, after I drew it, I had to go over it in Sharpie marker.  That's as far as I've gotten so far... but soon I'll be paining it in one color and doing a whole other process of painting and wiping it off and shading, but in the end I think it will look really cool.  I can't wait to see how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment