Sunday, January 22, 2012

making a sheet of metal into art

have you ever thought that you can saw through metal- and i mean real, hard metal- with a saw the width of a hair? well, its possible. during this past week, my art class' room isn't, as usual, filled with Frank Sinatra, but with the sound of near twenty little saws working in synch. and its quite loud. but the result is already starting to pay off! my design is about halfway done, and its looking pretty good if i may say so myself :) but thats only the first part of it all. after i've finished sawing the complete design, i have to sodder it together, hammer it to death to leave artful prints, and then torch it to give the metal a final touch. once thats done, hopefully, i'll have created my very own decorative metal piece! wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment