Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Efforts Of Metal Design: Accomplished

Oh god, the metals, the metals.  How long it took to create this one little metal tree I couldn't tell.  My sweat and blood went into this piece – literally.  Well not completely literally, but my blood did go into it after I cut my finger multiple times (with a hairs width saw).  Clumsy.  But we've moved on from that now... and look at the result! It's actually quite amazing to think back to the beginning of making this piece, when it was just me and a plain sheet of shiny copper.  It sure went a long way! And it's not very shiny anymore is it. That's because when I torched it to fuse the pieces together, some kind of scientificy thing went on and turned it into this!  Very cool.  Anyway, I love this design.  And it's actually quite funny, but at first I had a completely different design planned out for it!  A rose!  Now that would have been about ten times harder.  Let's keep it 2-D for now.  Maybe next year when I'm a little more advanced I'll try something trickier.  But for now, I'm happy with this being this.

No comments:

Post a Comment