Monday, November 5, 2012

Shoe Art

The first project of this year included something I'm not too confident with: drawing. I've never had an easy time drawing my whole life, and I'd be much happier not drawing at all... but you have to face your fears eventually. So I did. The first step of this project was to bring a pair of shoes into class (a pair I could live without for a few weeks). Once everyone in the all the periods of art brought in their shoes, we got a pretty decent pile. Now, it's time to chose a section of the pile... and draw it. I think the first stroke of the pencil– the first line,
was the hardest of all. But once that line was made, it was surprising how smoothly the piece started to form. Once the shoes had a decent outline, I started to shade. Here's probably the root of my fear of drawing. It 's just so had to get shading right. If you do it wrong, the drawing could end up looking fake, or the dreaded word. Two-D. The ending result isn't the best in the class... or my favorite work of mine; but I still am proud of it. At least you can tell what it is I was drawing. I hope that by the end of this year, I can draw better. But Doing this shoe drawing really made me realize that if I don't think about it too hard, the drawing usually can come to on its own. So in the end, I think I can say I have conquered my fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment