Monday, November 5, 2012

The Next President Collage: Why Can't We All Just Be Friends...?

The second project for this year was more than just visual art. It really made you think. The assignment was to either chose a president and portray his ideas trough a collage, or go your own way with a subject that America's split about. I went a completely different route and chose to make my collage about the idea of bi-partisan...ism... or however you say that. Otherwise translated as, "why does America get so split around election time? Why can't we all just work together to create a better country?" So that is the idea I based my collage upon. Many different textural elements went into this piece; including magazine pictures, acrylic paint, charchol, tissue paper, a tissue itself, watercolors, stitching, and much, much more. All these things helped to create a (hopefully) decent collage. The main portrayers of my idea are the shaking hands in one corner, which symbolize agreement, and the cartoon, painted donkey and elephant on top of the world, representing the two parties finally getting along. I also wrote "We are one!" in marker along the bottom of the page, hoping to get that message across. The giant red hand-print (my own, by the way) represents the people of America, and their strong hand in our country's politics. Because the U.S's future is in our hands. I hope we make the right decision to get along.

No comments:

Post a Comment